Sunday, October 1, 2017

Skyline Drive

We set off early yesterday morning to Skyline Drive for some camping!

The drive to the general area was not even that long.  However, once we were in the general area, my parents, Bailey, and I realized we had no idea where we were meeting the rest of our family.  We drove around for maybe like two hours!  It was a beautiful drive and we tried to remain optimistic, but really it was just kind of frustrating that we were completely lost.  That's what we get for not having Grandpa with us!

One benefit of getting lost for so long was that we did get to see so much of the area.  We did the actual "skyline drive" which gave us a nice view of, well, everything!  We hopped outside for some pictures, but that lasted for about 2 seconds because of the crazy wind!



Finally we spotted a paper plate that said "Trudy".  We drove towards it and found a series of paper plates, guiding us to our campsite!  Bless our family for assuming we got lost and helping us out!

We were so happy to make it there!  Bailey and I set up camp in the tent we'd share with Seiji and Kylie, and spent some time chatting with everyone there.  It was all family except for a few of my cousin's friends and an employee from my grandpa's shop as well as his wife.  His name is Fernando and he is awesome!  I have no idea how to spell his cute wife's name but it sounds like "Maru".  We talked about Mexican food with them for about an hour, and Bailey got to practice his Spanish!

Pretty soon I was ready to head towards the aspens.  Oh my gosh they were so beautiful!  I spotted a bright yellow patch, gathered up my crew, and off we went on an adventure!


Bailey was cracking us all up.  He had found a pit of mud, and he just thought it was the coolest thing ever.  I thought differently.  In fact, I thought that a good percentage of that was probably poop.  Of course, that inspired him, and he spent the next hour shaping it into poop and leaving it in places to trick people!


Other than the poop mud, we had such a nice walk!




I love when my grandpa brings his side by side camping!  He took me on two rides yesterday, and somehow I fell asleep on both of them!  That's kind of a bummer, considering that they were probably the prettiest fall rides ever.  But there's just something soothing about the sound/feel of a side by side I guess.



We spent the evening hanging out and eating beef stew.  I was so happy because I don't remember the last time my entire immediate family went camping together!  Even Shakee came!



Soon it got dark and we were off to catch some crawdads!  We didn't find any at all though.  Just this boat.


This morning we woke up, ate breakfast, threw some hatchets, and cleaned up camp.



It was just a short little trip, but a good one for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment