Saturday, July 7, 2018

The First Week of July

We are only a week into July and we have already done so much!  I love summer and the beautiful sunny days we get to enjoy without worrying about school.

On the first day of this month, Bailey and I hit a short hike that we've always been curious about.  It is called Battle Creek Falls.  The hike was not the prettiest, also it was very steep and hot.  But the falls we reached at the end were magnificent!


Kylie, Warden, and I enjoyed a leisurely stroll around the gardens.  Warden, out of the three of us, found it the most relaxing!



Bailey and I went back to the gardens that night to enjoy the Utah Symphony.  I got free tickets from my work, which I thought was quite nice!  We had a great evening just hanging out on our blanket and listening to music.


My mom went on an Alaskan cruise with my grandparents and some other family members.  Sounds like they had a lot of fun!  They brought us back an ulu and a train whistle.  The ulu is surprisingly super useful!


Of course, the 4th of July was great!  I worked most of the day but got off just in time to enjoy a barbecue at Bailey's sister's house.


Being able to go to all of the Thanksgiving Point venues for free is an awesome benefit of my job.  Bailey and I stopped by the Museum of Ancient Life the other day to check out their newest dinosaur, Ruth, and to just explore!


We spent today in Huntington, Utah, fishing with Lana and Grandpa Bud.  It is always a good time with those two, and eventually I will remember to get a picture with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment