Sunday, September 30, 2018

September

September has been tragic, beautiful, frustrating, happy, and every other adjective.  Losing Grandma Great at the beginning of the month changed our world, but life has a way of going on.  Hiking tends to be the most healing activity for me, and I really enjoyed hiking this month with some of my cutest people.  Plus, it was glorious to watch the progression of the leaves.  What a beautiful season!









The day after the funeral we actually had a family wedding.  My cousin Mark married Ashlee, who is just the cutest!  A wedding is just what we all needed that day, and we enjoyed celebrating life and love in a more joyous way.


Warden has done an awful lot of growing this month and I'm not so sure how to feel about it.  He's growing up so fast!  But it is so fun to see him develop his sweet little personality.  I love how he interacts and smiles with us now!  Here he is playing with the crab we got him in Merida back in May.  I love him so much!


To illustrate just how much he's grown, here he is compared to Kess's cute little Kirkham, who is 5 months older than Warden.  You can tell that Kirkham is older by the way he holds himself, but the two boys are just about the same weight!  I snapped this picture at the luncheon after Grandma Great's funeral and I think it is so cute!


Have I mentioned how much Bailey and I like Trader Joe's?  This month included several trips to that blessed grocery store.  We are obsessed!


I guess it is safe to say that we are obsessed with food in general.  My aunt and uncle Corinne and Mike can understand this deep love.  They took us to their favorite Japanese restaurant for some delicious ramen and sushi.  They also had us try mussel shooters.  Look them up and then go try them - they are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment