Monday, March 30, 2020

March

Well March has certainly been the most unexpected month of my life!  But other than the craziness, here are some normal, nice things that have happened.

I am DETERMINED to find a way to teach my students how to throw on the wheel, but I have some major challenges in the way (4 week terms, 45 minute classes, is it even possible??). Also I don't actually know how to teach someone to throw on the wheel so I am grateful for friends who will be my guinea pigs as I learn to teach!

Not pictured: Spencer

It's funny how people think teachers must know everything about their content, because I most certainly don't.  I'm always learning from others (especially from my students!) and my colleagues.  I'm grateful for my amazing friend and advocate Brennan who helps me in my classroom every day!  He taught me the ways of henna so that we could teach my drawing class.


The first part of the month was especially busy as we got all of our finances in order and talked to a million people over the phone to get everything straightened out for our new place.  We visited our house so many times and stress ate lots of food!


Of course it was also a very exciting time.  While places were open we were able to go and buy fun things for our house like PLANTS!

I love being able to invite visitors over to our very own place!!  Warden liked our house before it was even ours, so he was one of our first visitors.  He also wore various hats of ours the whole time.

Another one of my favorite things about having a house is having my very own kitchen!!  I have had an absolute blast cooking new recipes!



I've also been trying to regularly do yoga because I have a whole room for it.  But when I don't, it is because I am working out with the ladies!  Kylie and Mara made us a fun routine, which features highly valuable canned goods as the weights.

So despite all the craziness, it has been a pretty good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment