Tuesday, January 31, 2017

A Cold January

I have a really hard time with January.  I hate the cold!  I hate driving in the slippery snow, I hate how bad the air gets, I hate how sick I always get (I'm on week three now of a cold, not to mention the stomach bug that hit me at the beginning of the month) and I hate wearing a big bulky coat everywhere unless I want to freeze my butt off.  Thank goodness the month is just 15 minutes away from being over!

Despite my dislike for the month, it was a pretty fun one.  Bailey and I are flying off to China in two short weeks, so we've made an effort to spend time with family and friends while we can.  We even were able to visit Bailey's grandparents in Huntington!  Here are some other fun things we did:

We went sledding for Chelsie's birthday!  Sledding is pretty fun, it turns out.  I had forgotten.  Watching your nieces sled into each other is also fun.

Bailey recently got contacts but has been having a hard time putting them in.  He had to ask his sister for help!

Oh my gosh.  Bailey and I went to go see the new movie "Jackie" and it was absolutely beautiful.  I seriously have thought about it every day since we saw it, it is one of those movies.  Also, I wept the whole time.  I think I would have even if I wasn't already Jackie's #1 fan.

That night Bailey puked up his Indian food for hours (which I'm really upset about, because he FINALLY had decided that he loves Indian food as much as I do, but of course after puking it up he doesn't anymore), then I woke up in the morning to join the puking fun.  You know, on the day I was supposed to be my dear cousin Kess's bridesmaid.  I missed the sealing which still makes me want to cry, but I pulled myself out of bed and was able to make it through the reception without puking on anyone!
26 people in Bailey's family were sick at that same time.  Fishy, right?  Or should I say "ham and cheesy potato-y"?  Seemed a lot like food poisoning to me, but everyone else thinks it was a super strong bug Joey's family brought back from Texas.  Whatever it was, it sucked.

Yay Ocean Mart!  It is seriously one of my favorite places!  I especially love bringing people who have never been there.  We brought Lacie and Whitney along with their girls and had tons of fun.  We also hit Asian City which is always a party.  We ended the day with pho which I had never tried before.  I liked it well enough but I definitely wasn't amazed!

What is amazing is sukiyaki!  Bailey and I ventured up to Kyoto in Salt Lake City specifically for the dish.  Well, Bailey got sushi, but I was over there adding extra salt to my food from my tears of joy.  Seriously, there is no better comfort food than some good old sukiyaki.

Sarah and I were able to spend some time together this month.  One day we went shopping and ate falafel (delicious) and spend too much money at the mall.  Another day we tried to go see La La Land but it was sold out, so we went to Target and Good Earth, ending the night with mochi ice cream.  Probably not the best option for my freshly vacuumed car, but I'd say it was worth it.

A ladies day!  Kylie and I went up to Salt Lake City for some fun with Alli, to spend some time together before I leave (and miss Alli's birthday by less than a week!)  We got food at Sage Market (SO GOOD)  and played at City Creek.  We also tried to play at the Gateway Mall but it is pretty much a ghost town there.


Even though it is cold outside, sometimes you still just have to have your ice cream!  Luckily Kylie agrees and Seiji and Bailey came with us.

Now bring on February!  Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment