Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Introducing Yuki the Hamster

Last Friday was Black Friday, and what does that mean?  Well for me it meant a day of work!  I got off a little bit early though, since my whole family was off, and we made time for some fun!

My mom had a couple of errands to run, so Bailey and I went with her.  One of her stops was Deseret Book, and on the way out Bailey told us that he needed to go to Petsmart to look at the hamsters.  Super random!

So we went into Petsmart and looked around, specifically at the hamsters.  Bailey decided then and there that we needed one.  I wasn't so sure!  I liked the dwarf hamsters and thought they were so cute, but I definitely didn't think that we needed one.  We are so busy anyway!  I told Bailey we'd think about it, just to get him to stop trying to convince me.

Well, that night was pie night at Kylie's mom's (one of the best nights of the year!), and by the time we left the party we had decided to buy the cute little white hamster that I saw running around.

We raced over to Petsmart before they closed (we had to get there in time for the 50% off Black Friday deals!) and came out with a tiny little grey hamster.  We were a little bummed when the white hamster I saw was no longer there, but once they handed us the box with our new little friend, we knew she was meant to be ours!


By the time we got home we had named her "Yuki".  Now she's got an awesome little cage all to herself to play and run around in!


And boy does she play and run around.... SHE'S SO LOUD.  We did not expect this tiny little thing to be so loud!  Also, I was unaware that hamsters are nocturnal.  So, Yuki gets to spend every night in the bathtub, out of earshot.


For the first few days, all Yuki did was hide.  But after just a few days she started coming out and taking treats from our hands.  Now she will let us hold her.  However she doesn't stay still, and just tries to climb up our arms all the time!


We absolutely love our little Yuki, even though she's so loud and flips over her food bowl all the time!  She is super picky, and only eats certain things out of her food mix.  Everything else she either tips over or kicks out of her cage.  It gets pretty messy.


So that is our biggest news!  We are a happy little family of three now, as you can see in Bailey's drawing that he did at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment