Sunday, October 13, 2019

Boise

On our honeymoon many years ago, Bailey and I stopped in Boise Idaho on our way to Portland.  We ate at a magnificent restaurant and then drove around to find that everything fun had closed at 5pm haha.  We've laughed at it ever since for that reason, but have always remembered how charming and cute the city was!

This weekend Bailey had some business to attend to in Boise, so I decided to hop in the car with him and make it into a little weekend trip!

Of course we had to visit the restaurant we remembered from our honeymoon.  It was just as good as we had hoped!  If you're ever in Boise don't miss Fork!


Not too far away from Fork is what I now know is called Freak Alley.  I didn't know it was there, we just happened upon it on a walk and oh my gosh!  It is so cool!  So many talented artists had come together to make a whole outdoor gallery of murals.  We loved looking at all of them and getting some fun pictures!



We also went to Hyde Park which is more like a street and is so fun!  There's tons of cute little local shops and eateries there.  So cute.  Also tons of friendly squirrels??  I think I like Boise!

While Bailey was busy I visited the Boise Art Museum by myself.  I missed Bailey but a solo trip to an art museum was surprisingly luxurious!  I was able read all of the plaques and take exactly as much time as I wanted.  Which was a lot of time haha.



We spent the rest of the weekend at the Pizza Hut buffet and laying around reading in our Airbnb.  There's not tons to do here in Boise, but a relaxing little getaway is exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment