Thursday, October 31, 2019

October

What a fun month it has been!  Bailey and I have had a blast exploring nearby destinations (Boise and Denver).  I always want to plan big grand trip far away, and I forget how much the USA has to offer.  Heck, I forget how much Utah has to offer!  October is one of the months where Utah just shines.  There's always so many fun things to do.  We've had a great month!

The Downtown Farmer's Market in Salt Lake City is always a fun outing.  We usually go in the summer, but I really enjoyed seeing it in the fall this year.  It was definitely less hot!


For Seiji's birthday we went to our new favorite restaurant, Umami.  It is so delicious!  It's like a grill your own food buffet.  It makes me think of hot pot but with a grill instead of a boiling pot of soup.  And next door is Brooker's Founding Flavors Ice Cream which is the most hilarious and delicious stop!


I always love the Scarecrow Festival at the Ashton Gardens!  Warden was starstruck upon meeting his favorite celebrity.


I also enjoyed seeing David Bowie and having such a lovely stroll with my mom and Kylie!



I went on my first ever field trip as a teacher!  Was it worth the stress?  Well... I think so?!  Haha I never thought about how much work field trips are from a teachers perspective.  We went to the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple and learned so much!  Playing with the alpacas was definitely a hit.  I also tried yoga for the first time, had a bird sit on me, cringed through a guy testifying to all of my students that they must become vegetarian to truly fulfill the requirements of the Doctrine and Covenants(???), and ate a large Indian buffet.  Truly an interesting day!



I love living with my best friends!  One lovely autumnal Sunday this month my mom, Bailey, and I decided to go up to Sundance to enjoy the leaves.  We paid to go on the ski lift expecting a short little ride, but ended up on a several hour long journey up the mountain and back!  We enjoyed every minute of it!  At the top we ate a delicious lunch and admired the views.




Bailey took me on the most thoughtful surprise date!  He scheduled a ring making workshop for us in Salt Lake City.  We spent the day with another couple and an instructor making semi-matching rings.  Wearing my wedding ring to school has become a little sketchy considering how many times I've scratched it up against the firebrick in the kiln.  So I'm thrilled to have a special new, less delicate ring I can wear on weekdays instead!



My aunt Kim threw the most fun Halloween party - it was Harry Potter themed!  Bailey and I threw together poor excuses for Fleur and the Golden Snitch costumes.  Glad I didn't put too much work into them - Warden threw up all over me about a half hour in!  Haha!  I didn't let it halt my fun - my outfit evolved to include my cousin's pajama pants and Bailey's coat.  The party continued!



My family and I spent a fun evening at Cornbelly's eating junk food, playing in the corn pit, and riding around in the little tractor train.  Funny how much life changes with a toddler in tow, but it is so much more magical with little Warden in our lives!


I had big plans for a fabulous Mulan costume this year, but as you can see I've had a packed month.  So, toga from MORP 2015 it was for Halloween day!  None of my students dressed up, but I can always count on my fun coworkers to have some style.  A great way to end a great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment