Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanksgiving Break

We get a whole week off for Thanksgiving Break!  So nice!  But at the same time, I wish we got a whole week off for Fall Break and then just Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving Break or something.  It is an inconvenient time of the year to have a whole week of school off, considering we go back for just a couple more weeks before finals!

We started off the week right, with an early Thanksgiving lunch at my grandma's house!  It was an incredibly enjoyable day.  I went in the morning to help set up and make cheesecake, then everyone came over for lunch, and we hung around the entire day.  We didn't worry about homework or anything, we just chatted, played games, and did puzzles.  All while fighting over this sweet baby.


It was so nice to not worry about school!  We took the time to catch up on some homework, to sleep, and to spend time together.  I love the game Bananagrams, even though I think the 11 year old I nanny didn't teach me to play the correct rules when introducing me to the game.  Oh well.  I like her way better.


If you don't start off Thanksgiving with a proper breakfast, your stomach won't be sufficiently stretched out for the following meals!  Bailey made me some homemade poptarts so I wouldn't have that problem.


Brandie hosted Thanksgiving lunch and it was insanely delicious!  Jason, her husband, deep fried the turkey and I would have to say that that was a great choice.  Bailey and I pitched in by bringing homemade cheesecake, peach pie, and apple pie.


Of course, we couldn't leave Persephone out of the Thanksgiving festivities.  We frisbeed out some tortillas for her after we noticed some blue spots on them!


I picked up extra hours at work since I had school off.  But as always, work was lots of fun!  The kids and I went to Temple Square to watch some episodes of Meet the Mormons, then ended the day watching the new movie Trolls which I highly don't recommend.


We finished off the week with a trip to see the Temple Square lights with Allie, Austin, Kess, Traedon, Ethan, Seiji, and Kylie!  It was so fun to be with everyone, and the lights were of course beautiful.  Just as beautiful was the Sodalicious trip that followed.


An excellent week indeed!  I'm not super excited about going back to school now, but hey, we're almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment