Monday, February 13, 2017

Things That Happened in February

We are off to China tomorrow, so these past two weeks consisted of finishing things up around here, like work, and saying "see you later" to friends and family!

First, though, Bailey was invited by Representative Cory Maloy to join him on the house floor.  My Bailey looked so cute!  Later that day, Cory posted to his Facebook page a selfie he got of them, haha.


Bailey and I both had awesome jobs, so we had an impromptu crafting night in Bailey's mom's living room to write some thank you cards.  She has an impressive supply of cute craft stuff!

Leaving my work was so hard last Thursday!  Tears were shed as I left this family who I've grown to love so much.  What an amazing experience nannying has been!
We told Nadia to do a "princess smile" and this is what we got.


Of course, the ever-thoughtful Julie wasn't about to let me leave without stocking me up on doTERRA goods (she wants me to avoid Chinese hospitals and said, "if you don't have your health, what do you have?!" which I thought was a good point).  Creative Anika set up a raffle for the goods and surprise!  As she read the numbers off of her foot, I had all three of the winning tickets!

Saying goodbye to Ayla was also emotional, because the girl will be walking by the time I get back!  Crazy!  And I'll miss my mom, Grandma, Kylie, and Jen so much too!  Everyone took the day off on Friday so we could have a ladies day of sorts.  It included face masks and nail painting.  We even painted Ayla's nails!


I'm really glad Allie, Kess, and our boys all had time for us to get together for breakfast on Saturday.  Even Ethan was able to come along!  This group is so much fun and I'm really going to miss them all!

Sarah and I were able to catch up over some delicious Starbucks.  We don't actually know when we will see each other again, because she is probably going to head off to boot camp in the spring or early summer (she joined the Navy!)  She is a consistent inspiration to me, and I'm so excited to see where her life takes her!

Alli had her birthday dinner early so that Bailey and I could come!  It was so great to be able to see that side of the family and tell them, "see you at Obon practice!" (I'll be home just a few days before practice starts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment