Friday, February 17, 2017

Our Students

We thought we would have another day to adjust to the China life, but nope... the principal wanted us to get in our classrooms right away!  Of course we didn't have anything prepared, so it was mostly just playing games with and getting to know the students.

Bailey and I both have been assigned to 9am 6th grade classes.  Later in the day I teach 1st grade and Bailey teaches 4th.  I'm not so comfortable with 6th graders... they are old and sassy and honestly kind of intimidating.  But oh my gosh, I'm already in love with each of these little 1st graders!


I seriously lucked out with my angel class.  Apparently the other first graders were sucker punching each other and putting their hands in other people's pants(??)  That's a little nerve wracking considering that rotations start next week, but at least my home class is good.  Little Diego keeps them in line - literally!  She stands at the front of the line, and when she turns around and sees her classmates not standing in a perfectly straight line, she will go and nudge every child and move them so that it is perfect.

Bailey is loving his older grades.  He is super excited that they speak English well, because he will be able to teach them lots!

We start actual classes on Monday... so wish us luck!  I'll leave you with this picture of my super awesome classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment