Friday, November 30, 2018

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas!

I am not a winter fan... but I am a Christmas fan!  Winter without Christmas would be a terrible thing and would result in a very sad Madi.  Luckily there are many Christmas related activities to do to forget about how freezing I am!

The Luminaria season has started, and so that's what I do now for work!  It is a little exhausting but lots of fun to see everyone so happy and excited.  I also get to wear a sweet blue coat.  Employees were given a handful of free tickets, so I grabbed some of my favorite people and we headed to the event as an early birthday celebration for my mom!



What was really exciting for me was that I was involved in hanging up some of the lights this year.  It was hard work!  But it was so rewarding to see the lights in action.  I also enjoyed telling my family every single thing I set up.




We had so much fun!  My favorite part was the Light of the World garden, the one full of statues depicting the life of Christ.  They had filled the garden with fake candles (that looked really real) and played the most beautiful and peaceful music.  We went early enough that we practically had it to ourselves.  What an awesome experience!

Bailey and I have been hard at work setting up Christmas decorations.  I will save those for another post because I haven't taken pictures of them yet!  We have also been busy Christmas shopping, which is my favorite kind of shopping.  Kylie and I went on a little Christmas shopping trip yesterday, though it was mostly for ourselves (who can resist $8 sweaters from H&M?!)  It was fun to show Warden the huge tree they have at the outlets!


We also stopped into Santa's house so that Warden could have his first Santa visit.  We didn't really want to pay to take a picture, so you will just have to imagine the scene of two very excited girls talking to Santa while he holds a very confused baby.  Warden did so good!  He got a little bit upset, but was okay once Santa gave him this sucker.  He proceeded to suck on the wrapper for our entire shopping trip.  He decided he was done with it on our way back out to the car, and he stuck it in my armpit for safekeeping.  So smart!  We couldn't stop laughing!


There's something about having a baby in the family that makes the season extra magical.  We are planning to bring back all sorts of traditions this year that have been lost since Seiji and I grew up!  All for this little baby in a bear suit who we all happen to be obsessed with.


Hope you guys have had a happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment