Thursday, November 29, 2018

November

Another busy month!  We registered for next semester, worked a whole bunch, did lots of homework, and drank lots of Coke.  Here are just a few other things that happened!

We kicked off the month with an exciting event!  The graduation of Seiji, Jen, and my mom!  There isn't an actual graduation ceremony for their online school in Utah, so we just borrowed my mom's friends' cap and gown to take some celebratory pictures.  They finished their Master's degree in FOUR MONTHS which is absolutely insane.  I'm so proud of them!



I miss my art classes!  The only art related class I'm in is my Secondary Art Education Methods class.  Sometimes we do little projects, like this printmaking project.  I printed my family crest onto a reusable bag!


Thanksgiving is always so wonderful.  My grandma celebrates the Sunday before, and it is always a relaxing day full of food, puzzles, walks, and resting.  The rest of our holiday festivities continued on the holiday itself, when we went to my inlaws for lunch and then went to the dinner Seiji and Kylie hosted!  So many fun things!  I just loved being able to spend the time with family and being able to reflect on how crazy blessed we are.


My grandma and grandpa did something very spontaneous.  They bought a second house!  Then they furnished it!  They hadn't really been thinking about a second house, but they started looking and it happened.  Well, all of us are super excited about it, because it is in Hurricane, just outside of St. George.  Though it will be hot in the summer, we now have an oasis to escape to during the cold winter months.  In fact, we avoided the first Utah County snowfall by heading to check out their new place.  We so enjoyed the sun and the red rocks!  Also, my grandparent's new house is so cozy and beautiful.  I love it!  We had a fun little weekend getaway there with lots of my other extended family.  We ate lots of treats and watched multiple terrible Christmas love movies which are the best!



I had to make a studio project for my Secondary Art Education Methods class (such a long name!)  I decided to face my worst nemesis and create a watercolor piece.  I'm actually quite satisfied with how it turned out!


I did the whole thing at Kylie's house hanging out with her and Warden.  Speaking of Warden, he has a new favorite food.  Pickles!  He loves them so much that he cries if we try to take them away.  That directly reflects my personal love for dill pickles.  I don't so much relate with his taste for sock eating though!




It's been a good month overall!  I'm excited that it is now culturally acceptable to listen to holiday music though.  Bring on the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment