Saturday, November 3, 2018

A Day in Fillmore

My uncle invited us down to his property in Fillmore to celebrate his birthday.  With work and school and everything, we were only able to make a day trip out of it, but it was an excellent day trip!

My awesome Grandpa Great rode down with us and it was so wonderful to be able to spend the time just chatting and hanging out with him.  The drive isn't too long, and after a quick nap we arrived at our destination!


We spent the rest of the late morning relaxing and eating a delicious birthday lunch.  Rob took us on a tour of everything he's added since we visited last.  He's such a hard worker!  The rope bridge was here last time we visited, but it still my favorite.



My cousin Tyler took us on a ride to the "sand dunes" where he went so fast up the side of cliffs I tried hard not to scream.  Luckily we survived!  Then we rode with my uncle Matt to the hot pots.  I had never been to the natural hot springs in Fillmore!  I wish we had known we would be visiting them, because I so wanted to jump in, but I didn't have a swimming suit!  The water was a little murky but it was the perfect temperature.  We will just have to come back!


It was a short little trip but a little break was just what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment