Sunday, April 14, 2019

Exploring Southern Utah

My uncle Matt is living at my grandparents Southern Utah home for a little bit, and today he took some time to show us around.  He is so fun to hang out with and is an excellent tour guide!

He first drove us out to the middle of nowhere to see some dinosaur tracks.  I had no idea these were here!  I'm not sure if I would have noticed them even if I was walking right by them, but once they were pointed out to me they were as clear as day.  It is so difficult for me to imagine the time of dinosaurs, so it was cool to see some evidence in the real world.  Also, some of those dinos take crazy huge steps that are difficult to replicate!



Matt then took us to Fort Pearce, which I actually think I've seen before.  It is a cool little stop!



I was most excited for the "glitter pits" though!  My grandpa has taken me to see them a couple of times, but it was before the time of Bailey so it was all new to him and my friends.  We had fun admiring the sparkle and picking up some mica to take home.




After our awesome St. George tour (thanks Matt!) my friends and I went to Pioneer Park to play/climb around and kill some time before dinner.  I swear every time I go to Pioneer Park I must park somewhere different and it must be huge, because I feel like I've never seen the same part twice!  I especially liked the little arch and slot canyon we found today.







Our trip ended with a visit to Anasazi, the greatest steakhouse in all of Utah (in my opinion).  Luckily Rachel and Spencer have great taste in food, and we all enjoyed our steak dinner.  I will never get sick of this place!


It was just a short little trip but a fun way to celebrate the start of summer as I am no longer a student teacher.  St. George isn't super hot yet so we were lucky with the weather while still being able to enjoy the sunshine.  Our favorite part, of course, was being able to hang out with our friends who we don't get to see very often!

No comments:

Post a Comment