Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April

April was a busy and fun month!  As I mentioned, I finished students teaching earlier this month and am so happy to be done even though I did enjoy it.  I also passed EdTPA which was a HUGE project so I'm glad that's over with!  New York was awesome, and then soon after we got home the Tulip Festival started which I love, but that's kept me pretty busy during the days.  Bailey just finished up the rest of his finals but is still busy with work, so we are ready for a calmer summer!

Here are some of the fun things we did this month!  I'll leave out the pictures of the many trips we took to the Tulip Festival because there were enough pictures that I might as well make a separate post for that haha.

Rachel and Spencer visiting was of course a huge highlight of our month.  We love hanging out with them and their cute baby!  While they were in Utah County we took them to see the Butterfly Biosphere.  Eleanor, their baby, was cracking us up because she could not see the butterflies.  We would point right at them but she either just couldn't figure out what we were pointing at or just didn't care at all.  I, on the other hand, had the time of my life as a butterfly finally decided to be my friend!  Kind of creepy but super cool.


Warden is my sweetest little friend and whenever Bailey and I travel, I like to pick up a little outfit for him.  I got this onesie in New York (as I'm sure you guessed) and it is so cute on him!


The UVU Art Department held an awards night and I was awarded the Student of Merit in Art Education.  So cool!


Easter was really late this year so that was kind of weird, but we enjoyed celebrating with Bailey's family!  Bailey's mom got us some bubbles and I think Bailey is ready to compete in Olympic bubble blowing.



Easter also happened to fall on Bailey's birthday!  We celebrated at Del Taco the night before and then his nice friends at work got this cake for him.


I had to say goodbye to my friends last week.  These girls have been in the art education program with me, and I don't know how I could have gotten through it without them!  They are all so fun and are going to be influential teachers.  I'm grateful that I've been able to have art teacher friends, and hopefully it wasn't a forever goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment