Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Tulip Festival

Today was my last day ever working the Tulip Festival!

It was supposed to end this weekend, which is part of the reason I booked some flights for this weekend.  I know they need as many employees as possible for this busy time of year!  However, it has been the strangest Spring, and the tulips are holding on excellently.  Therefore, the Tulip Festival has been extended another week!  If you haven't been you are in luck, don't miss out!  As for me... I'm ditching out this next week - I have some traveling to do!



I freaking love the Ashton Gardens.  It has been such a great place to work and I've met so many amazing people!  Once I'm back from Europe I'll finish up the summer season with them, which will be much less busy.  People kind of forget about us after the Tulip Festival ends.  But summer is so gorgeous there, especially when the roses bloom!

As an employee of Thanksgiving Point I get to bring my friends and family to visit for free, and I have so enjoyed doing that this year!  I came so many times and with multiple different people, and every time there is something new to see (or smell!)




It has been such a fun and busy Tulip Festival (which can be a good thing, busy events make the shifts fly by!) but I am excited for warm summer evenings when I get the gardens practically to myself.  Such a magical place!


No comments:

Post a Comment