Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day in Pine Valley

It has been several years since we've been on a Memorial Day camping trip with Bailey's family.  We were so excited when his mom booked a VRBO in Southern Utah!

On the drive south we stopped at The Creamery in Beaver.  One of my favorite roadtrip stops!  We ate lunch (you must try their fried cheese curds!) and ice cream (I love the lemon bar flavor!)  We also stopped at Cove Fort.  I went there several years ago, but it was nice to go and see it again.  The senior missionaries are so cute!  It was fun to be there with all of the kids and play the hoop and stick game.


We eventually made it to the rental home in Pine Valley.  The house was huge!  Everyone who was able to come fit just fine in the house, and we really enjoyed the giant kitchen.  There's not much to do in Pine Valley but it is a beautiful area.  It is shocking to me how close it is to St. George and yet the weather is so completely different.  We woke up to snow this morning!

Yesterday we went up the canyon to do some relaxing and fishing.



We also toured the cute historical church in Pine Valley and got a snack at Veyo Pies.  The most delicious pies and the most terrifying logo!


It was just a short weekend out but it was so nice to spend time with the family and relax a bit.  Probably my favorite part of the trip was on the way home when we stopped at the Beaver Nursery.  SO GIGANTIC.  And excellent prices!  I can't wait to come back when I have a garden of my own someday.  Until then, Bailey and I will buy all the succulents and help his siblings pick out plants!


No comments:

Post a Comment