Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Parks of Changzhou

Today was supposed to be short day... but of course, the one day I actually have plans for right after short day, the school decides that it should actually be a long, full day of classes! Luckily there is a helper that goes between my second grade rotations, and she agreed to take over my class. Thanks to her and thanks to Bailey (who would later teach my first grade class) mom and I were able to hop on a bus to Dongpo Park!


Dongpo Park is so gorgeous! I had come here in February, but it looks different in the summer. It was so peaceful, my mom and I loved just wandering around. We found a few places that I hadn't yet seen, and overall spent quite a while there!






We then walked over to Hongmei Park which is just GIGANTIC. We walked a part of the park that I've never seen before! We also enjoyed some delicious popsicles. Mine was like a frozen smoothie covered in frozen yogurt. SO GOOD.

I loved stumbling upon a rose garden!  I love the smell of roses.




We didn't spend tons of time at Hongmei Park, as we thought maybe we should hurry back to meet Bailey for dinner. We were getting kind of hungry!  We took a very busy bus back home. We were so squished in there!


We met Bailey at a hot pot/BBQ place by our school and it was delicious! I love hot pot and I'm glad mom was able to try it!


The night ended with the night market! We had tried going earlier this week, on a day it had rained. But it was mostly all closed! Tonight it was hopping, and I'm glad my mom got to see what the night market is really like.



We bought some cake (I was sad because my chocolate banana crepe guy wasn't there!), some coconut milk, and played some ring toss. We won some little Chinese police cars that have spinning wheels when you pull a string! Cute!




What a fun day we had in Changzhou!  After traveling like crazy for 10 days, it has been nice to stick around home for a while and show Mom our local sights.  Changzhou is a really nice place!

No comments:

Post a Comment