Friday, October 20, 2017

Anaheim Disneyland Day 1

You know, it feels kind of cool to have to specify what Disneyland I'm referring to.  I have a new goal, you know, since Disneyland Shanghai, to visit all of the Disneylands in the world!  Of course in the end, I don't think any of them will beat good old Anaheim Disneyland.  Emphasis on the "old" - mom, Bailey, and I really noticed this trip how run down Disneyland is getting!  Haha, in fact, a good portion of our sentences started with, "well in Shanghai...", probably driving everyone else crazy.  Like I was saying though, as beautiful, sparkly, new, and clean Disneyland Shanghai is, there's no place like the original.  I have so many wonderful memories of Disneyland, I feel so nostalgic every time I come!

I posted a couple of weeks ago the "little" present mom and dad gave all of us.  Two day Disneyland passes!  Since then we have been SO excited for our fall break trip.  Even Bailey has expressed his excitement (he normally keeps his excitement to himself)!  He told me, "I have always dreamed of walking down Main Street to the castle holding hands with you - I am so excited for that!"  Good thing he doesn't read my blog, because it would probably embarrass him that I wrote that.  But I thought it was so sweet!

Anyway, today was Day 1 at Disneyland and it was just perfect!  We actually started in California Adventure because my mom is one of those strategic visitors.  We booked it straight over to the Tower of Terror - EXCEPT IT WASN'T THE TOWER OF TERROR.  Yes, I was aware that they changed it, but of course I was upset seeing with my own eyes that such a travesty was true.  I'm really bitter about it, if you can't tell.  I did ride it and I did have fun.  They did a great job!  But they should not have changed it.  They should have just built "The Guardians of the Galaxy" ride next to the Tower of Terror.  Make a little neighborhood of tower rides.


Since Kylie is pregnant(!!!), she didn't go on round one of that ride.  Seiji had stayed with her, and I stayed with her while everyone else went again along with Seiji.  Kylie and I wandered around looking for food and found a net of fish, which almost sufficed.


We ended up meeting everyone at Flo's Cafe.  Oh my gosh, cutest place ever!  And the food was tasty.  Our first meal in the parks!


We went on the Cars ride (which I love!) and explored Cars Land just a little bit.  It is so cute!  And it was extra fun to see it all decorated for Halloween.


California Adventure is fun, but we were all anxious to get over to Disneyland.  Before we left, someone offered to snap a family picture for us.  Which was great and all except that Bailey was in the bathroom!


Off to Disneyland we went!  We had an 11:30 reservation to get to at Cafe Orleans.  Oh my gosh - Disneyland food!  SO GOOD!  (I'll try not to bring up Shanghai too much but I must at this point to warn you that Shanghai Disneyland food isn't that great.  Anaheim is where it's at.)  We love the pommes frites, mint juleps, and of course, the beignets! 


The rest of the day was spent exploring, riding rides, and eating all the food!


We ate dill pickles, barbecue skewers, cream cheese filled pretzels, and of course, Dole Whip!


One of my very favorite rides is It's a Small World.  It is probably the creepiest thing in the entire world.  Imagine going on it alone in the middle of the night!  Terrifying!  But as long as I have a boat full of my people, I am as happy as can be on that little cruise.  As you know, I'm obsessed with different cultures, and I love how they are portrayed on this ride!  There's so much to see and I wish it went even slower so I could take it all in!



Public Service Announcement: The Matterhorn now gets you wet!  That was definitely a surprise!  Also their new monster is so freaky.


After a while we ventured back to California Adventure to buy some Ghirardelli shakes/sundaes.  Bailey and I shared one and it almost killed me in two ways because 1. it was $14 for ONE SHAKE and 2. half of it was like straight brownie batter!  It was the most delicious and deathly shake I have ever experienced!

After that, Kylie was feeling tired as many pregnant ladies do.  So she and Seiji headed back to the hotel to join dad (who headed back just a little earlier).  Then it was just Bailey, mom, and I - the ultimate travel trio!  We decided to fulfill one of Bailey's dreams and spend hours in Cars Land.  He has seriously been SO excited for Cars Land.  He hasn't been to the area since he was 14 so he had never even seen it (it is fairly new)!  He thought it was just about the coolest thing ever, and drug us through every single gift shop.



We decided to go on the Cars ride again, and then to wait in the fairly long line for "Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters".



What.  The.  Heck.  It was the most random ride I have ever experienced!  I didn't even know it existed, so just in case you didn't either, basically you sit in a car as it "dances" to Italian music.  Haha, how random is that?!  Dancing cars!  We had a ton of fun on it though, as the three of us squished into one car.  It was random, but I would totally go again!


The rest of the night was pretty anticlimactic, as we decided to wait in line for some Boudin bread bowls filled with chowder.  The line looked insanely long but we thought, "how long does it really take for them to scoop soup?"  Well apparently it takes a REALLY long time because we waited for at least an hour and a half.  Not even kidding.  We thought several times that we should give up, but we persevered!  And was it worth it?  Still not sure.  It was kind of freezing outside.

After that it was back to the hotel for us!  What a wonderful day at Disneyland it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment