Saturday, October 21, 2017

Anaheim Disneyland Day 2

We got up bright an early this morning to make sure we hit some specific rides!  We started with the Haunted Mansion which I LOVE.  Of course, I prefer it when it is not "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed, but it is still fun.  I don't mind those sorts of changes when they're only seasonal!

We also went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride which was fantastic as usual!  New Orleans Square is one of my favorite areas of Disneyland (it is tied with Fantastyland!) so it was really nice to spend some time there this morning!  And it was also nice to eat the food.  Churros for breakfast!  I'm not usually a churro sort of gal, but Bailey bought this smores churro and it was actually really tasty.


We split up at that point because guess who was in town?  Bailey's very best friend Mike!  We didn't know they would also be in Disneyland until our drive here, when Mike's girlfriend posted a Disneyland picture of them on Instagram.  We ran into them first thing in the morning yesterday in the line for The Guardians of the Galaxy, but didn't have the chance to spend time with them until today.

These boys are impossible.  This is literally the best picture I got of them together.

We went on Splash Mountain, which I really hate!  It gives me so much anxiety!  Of course I always like it in the end... unless I get wet.  I didn't get very wet today though!  We also went on the Winnie the Pooh ride again since that line is always short.  I had Bailey snap a picture of my "hidden Mickey" while we waited in line.  It's not a very good picture.


We didn't spend a ton of time with them because they had the fancy fast passes to things and we didn't.  So it wasn't long before we were buying food (I LOVE THE CORNDOGS) and treats again and meeting up with my family for the Indiana Jones ride!  I always forget this, but the Indiana Jones ride is probably one of my favorites!


We hopped over to California Adventure for a little bit after that, to see if we could avoid the crowds by doing so.  It was pretty crowded there too!  We fulfilled Bailey's dream by buying one of these souvenir cups, though, so it was worth it.


For lunch Bailey bought a hot dog but all I needed was a dill pickle.  I am obsessed with these!

My hair, by the way, is an attempt at Mickey ears.

Afterwards, Bailey and I spent some time just him and I.  I had been dreaming of a Disneyland date so I'm so happy we got to spend the time together!  We explored Toon Town a little bit and Bailey just loved this boat.  I think he has a thing for boats.


What I really wanted to do was go on the little kid rides all over Fantasyland.  I just love Fantasyland!  Bailey was a good sport as we went on things like the Mr. Toad Ride and Snow White's Ride (which I screamed so loud on!  It is seriously the scariest ride in the park!!)


We bought some treats before meeting back up with my family.



As one must always do, we got some pictures with the castle!  It is just the tiniest little castle, but it makes my heart happy!



Mom and dad headed back to the hotel after that, but us kids stuck around, determined to make it to the fireworks show.  We hit a couple of rides, getting on Alice in Wonderland just in time before they stopped letting people on!  Here was our view from the line:


We made it to the fireworks show, which was so fun!  And so CROWDED!  Check this out!  I took this when we were leaving the park.



Thus concludes our Disneyland adventure, unfortunately.  Oh what fun we had!  Probably one of the best family vacations we have had in a long time!  Tomorrow we get to drive all the way back to Utah then begin real life again.  But I don't want to think about that right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment