Friday, March 16, 2018

A Day in Philly

Last night my parents drove us to the airport, and then Bailey and I spent the night on an airplane. This morning we landed for a 14 hour layover... in Philadelphia! We left at 12:30 last night but got here at 6:30 local time, after just 4 hours of trying to sleep on an airplane. I slept alright but Bailey needed a serious nap. So we hung around at the airport for a minute!


Philadelphia is a place I kind of always wanted to visit, but not enough to make a trip specifically for. So this really was the perfect way to see Philly! Public transportation is a wonderful thing, and pretty soon we found ourselves within walking distance of Independence Hall, the main attraction of our day.

The walk was cold but enjoyable. It was fun to watch people and see some of their cool buildings!


Independence Hall is such a gorgeous building!






We were lucky to get tickets to go inside. They give them away same day first come first serve. Apparently they go pretty quickly, but we were able to get tickets for an 11:00 tour. Thank goodness too! It was so amazing to see the room where the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were signed!

Bailey was in heaven. I was pretty excited too, though. We got to see the Rising Sun Armchair!



It was a fun little tour!



We were able to tour another building on site and get a few pictures inside. Unfortunately I had packed the wrong lens for the day so our pictures are pretty limited. But we were loving the colonial architecture!



We crossed the street to check out the Liberty Bell. It was a little anticlimactic, but at the same time maybe I wasn’t that excited about it because I don’t actually know that much about it. There was a museum though, so I learned a thing or two about this guy!


We were starving by that point so off we went to find some food! We walked through China town and it was so hard for me not to try convincing Bailey to sit down for some noodles or hot pot. But I knew he had his heart set on a cheesesteak sandwich, and I knew we had to make that dream come true while we were in the land of cheesesteaks!


We went to the Reading Terminal Market which was PACKED. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if there were less people because I kept running into everyone. All of the food looked good though! Bailey got his sandwich and I got some seriously greasy pizza. We found a table to stand at and eat. My pizza was delicious, however, I was extremely hungry and probably would have thought anything was delicious. Bailey was a little disappointed in his sandwich and I could see why. There was a serious lack of cheese on the thing! I really think cheese should be a major part of those sandwiches. But who knows, maybe he just picked the wrong cheesesteak stand. There were many.

We still had quite a bit of time before our flight but we had hit everything we wanted to see and were exhausted. So, we’ve just been at the airport for a few hours now, napping and killing time. Just a few hours left before we hop on our plane to the next destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment