Tuesday, December 18, 2018

My Christmas Decor

As some of you may know, we moved into my parents basement a few months ago.  We have loved it!  This is the most room we have ever had, considering we lived in a bedroom at my brothers, and then Bailey's brother's, and then we lived in our small apartment in China (which actually felt huge, though it was smaller than this basement).  It is so nice to have enough space for all of our clothes and books, and to finally be able to use the cute 1950s table my inlaws gave me for Christmas a few years ago.

Anyway, you don't get pictures of all that because right now we are in Christmas mode!  So you get to see some low quality photos of our Christmas decorations!  Since it is our first year having the space, it is our first year to really be able to decorate.  And decorate we have!  With our first Christmas tree!


I didn't think we needed a tree because we've always just used one of my mom's mini trees.  But Bailey saw an ad for $35 flocked Christmas trees at Wal-Mart and he got so excited about it I couldn't say no!  But of course if we get a tree we need ornaments.  We wanted to make some ornaments that we saw on Pinterest, and didn't even think about the fact that glass ornaments filled with greenery just look like glass ornaments on a green tree haha.  So they don't look like anything fancy, but we like them well enough with the cute wooden garland we bought from Target.



We feel super lucky to have a fireplace!  It has kept us warm and cozy for the past month and a half.  We bought our first nativity, which is displayed on the mantle.  It is basically the nativity of my dreams, and it was on sale for a super good price at Seagull Book!  What a find!



Kylie and I have been into making ring wreaths for every season, so here is my Christmas edition.  I've hung it on my front door to greet visitors!  You know, all the visitors we get down in my parents basement.


We also have this wreath which is on the door of the "server room"  It's not one of our most featured decorations because it kind of looks like a ghetto mess.  But we didn't really know where to put our travel ornaments this year.  Even though the wreath is messy, it is so fun for Bailey and I to look at and reminisce on all the fun adventures we've been on during our marriage, especially just within this past year!


For extra coziness, we moved the mini tree to our bedroom.  Any excuse to use twinkle lights!  Finnegan, our beloved Dracaena Massangeana, also got a Christmas makeover.  So cute!



Growing up, I loved playing with my mom's snowman collection.  Last year she decided to clean out her decorations, and passed some of my favorites on to me!  I'm especially fond of these flexible little guys.  They can be found in various places around our flat.


Anyway, these pictures aren't that great, but it really is quite cozy and festive in real life.  All of my decorations make me really happy, especially paired with the super thick  European hot chocolate I've learned to make!  So real-life friends, once I get all of my laundry put away (I finally got around to handwashing our swimsuits from our Hawaii trip... which was two months ago!) come and see these decorations for yourself and try my hot chocolate!  And have an awesome holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment