Friday, March 3, 2017

Off to Shanghai!

After school today we booked it to the railway station to hop on the bullet train towards Shanghai!  Of course, we had to get McDonald's on the way (us girls HATE McDonald's, but the boys can't seem to get enough of it), and of course there were a few complications which resulted in me riding to Shanghai separated from our whole group.  But it's cool, it's cool, other than the fact that there was a lady in my seat.  I stared at her for a solid couple of minutes while standing right in front of her, assuming she'd get the hint, but eventually a nice girl my age a couple rows up came and looked at my ticket and shooed out the lady who thought she was being sneaky.

It is a mere 60 minutes to Shanghai, which I think is pretty amazing.  It wasn't fast enough though, because by the time we got to our hotel, dropped off our stuff, and got a taxi to Shanghai Circus World (we had already bought tickets online!) we were 40 minutes late for the show!  Sad!  Luckily they still let us in and the last half of the show was AWESOME.


Who doesn't love guys almost falling to their death on large rotating wheels, or way too many motorcycles driving too fast inside of a metal sphere?!  My favorite though, was the romantic dance between two acrobats using those long pieces of silk from the ceiling.  It was so graceful and they really seemed to be flying!  Bailey and I need to learn a cool skill like that, but this is all we've got so far:


After that we headed over to Nanjing Road to find some food.  Nanjing Road is a major shopping street, but not really the shopping I'm into.  More like mall shopping stuff that I feel like you could do anywhere in the world.  We found a Chinese restaurant in the area and were so hungry that we decided to try it.  It wasn't bad!  There were a few things I liked and I ate plenty.  The duck was disappointing, unfortunately.  I've had duck in Beijing before and loved it, but this stuff was cold and fatty.  Bailey liked it, though!


After dinner we went back to our hotel.  We stayed in the Renaissance hotel, which is a Marriott.  We got a discount because we were staying with Rachel and Spencer, whose sister works for the company.  So it was a super good deal and a super nice place!  We went to bed on SOFT MATTRESSES which alone was worth the trip, and said goodnight to Shanghai from the view of the 47th floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment