Sunday, March 26, 2017

This Weekend (and Today)

Other than the Tianning Temple, here are some things that we did this weekend (and today!)

Andrew met up with us and our friend group right after school on Friday.  We had mentioned to him that we wanted to buy some glasses, and he wanted to make sure we would get the best service and deals, so he took us to his favorite glasses market!  Oh my gosh so many options!  Bailey and I each ended up picking two frames, and Andrew helped us through the eye test process, haha.  Together we got 4 pairs of glasses, and paid $80 total!  That included eye tests!  Crazy!


I got some that looked like my floral glasses, because those broke a couple of weeks ago.  I also got these babies, because while in China, why not look as Asian as everyone else?  Seriously, all the hip college girls have these circle frames, haha.  They kind of make me laugh but I love them.


After we got glasses, Monica met up with us and we went to a "western" restaurant and ordered Italian food.  That was some crazy delicious pasta!  And for about $5 a plate (or should I say pan?) - what could be better?!  We also ordered pizza and mozzarella sticks because why not.


Bailey and I have a new problem.  A Miniso addiction!  We stopped by on Friday night because I kept seeing them everywhere and decided it was finally time to see what the hubbub was about.  Well, we've been back to two different Minisos since!  They have the cutest stuff!  The designer for the store is Japanese, so everything is simple and adorable - true Japanese style.  Also, everything is so cheap!  It is hard not to buy everything when everything is like 2 USD!  I haven't taken a picture inside a store yet, but here is a cute fox bag I got for 10 kuai.


I don't have many pictures of our Sunday trip to Shaghai.  Isn't it funny how casually we can stop by such a city?  Anyway, we just went for church and to pick up some of Bailey's dress shirts.  Between those two events, we stopped by a sushi place we've been eyeing.  Bailey has been seriously craving some sushi so we decided it was time to get him some!  Apparently it was delicious!  I got a "steak dinner" which was good at first but not really the best.  But I was happy to see Bailey enjoying his sushi so much, haha.


On our way home, I bought ice cream outside of the train station, ate it, went through security, and bought more ice cream in the train station.  I can't control this.


Tonight the fun continued after a normal day of classes.  We met up with Monica and Andrew at the night market for food and ring toss fun!  It is always so hard to decide what to eat at the night market.  I ate a banana and chocolate crepe for dinner, as well as quail eggs on a stick, and Bailey ate a tentacle on a stick.


For dessert I tried a new ice cream stand where they freeze ice cream on a griddle thing and scrape it up for you.  I got strawberry and holy cow that stuff is delicious!



Now we are onto another week of teaching!  The weeks really do go by quickly though!

No comments:

Post a Comment