Monday, July 24, 2017

Hole N" The Rock

Happy Pioneer Day!  We spent the holiday driving home from Colorado after our super fun trip.  We all had such a good time together!  Not quite ready to finish the fun, we stopped by Hole N" The Rock on our way through Moab.


Haha, I remember the first time we stopped there was when I was 8 and we went to Mesa Verde.  For some reason the place TERRIFIED me and gave me nightmares!  The thought of living in a cave just scared me so much!

Anyway, I've been back several times since and always find it interesting.  Upon learning that Bailey has never stopped there, we decided we had to do the house tour!  Inside, it is seriously frozen in time.  It is very 50's!  I was reminded of why maybe I could have been scared as a kid, because displayed is a collection of porcelain dolls (creepy) and some real large animals that have been stuffed every way you turn.  We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, though, so you'll just have to go there and see what I'm talking about!

Around the area there are some interesting things to see.  Like the site where the builder and his wife are buried, and a little pet cemetery.  There is a big ox made out of hardware, a petting zoo, a jeep covered in license plates, and all other sorts of quirky things.  It was fun to walk around and explore!



Merlin read Bailey's personality as "loving".  Awh!


The day ended with some ice cream, as all good days do.  We had an awesome weekend trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment