Saturday, July 29, 2017

The Rest of July

I can't believe July is nearly over!  We have been home from China for over a month now, and still miss it a ton.  We've gotten used to life here though, and have had a lot of fun these past few weeks!

I've spent lots of time with my mom, Jen, and her kids because they're home all summer.  We love to go out to eat and just hang around with each other!  I LOVE being able to see baby Ayla nearly every day.  She's not much of a baby any more these days, though...


After fixing a flat tire, Bailey decided to spruce up our Elantra by adding some fancy new hubcaps.  Well, they were the cheapest ones the store had, but $30 is more than I would ever spend on hubcaps anyway.  Of course, the first night having hubcaps, I managed to lose one on the way to my mom's house.  So we drove around for maybe a half hour looking for it (IN THE DARK) and then Bailey spent maybe another 40 minutes looking for it after I asked him to drop me off home.  No luck!  He was sad that night and I tried to make him feel better, but honestly I really don't see the point of hubcaps...

Anyway, maybe about 3 days later we were driving around town and lo and behold!  Some nice person had found our hubcap and put it on their fence so that we could see it!  Hopefully they weren't thinking it was their new fence decoration.  But Bailey was sure glad!


Jen had a foreign exchange student for two weeks this month and it was fun to have him around!  I liked to learn about Japan from him (apparently mochi ice cream is not a real Japanese thing).  It was hard to get him to talk because he was so shy, but I think he had a really good time here in America!  He said that his favorite food he tried here was Mexican food (we took him to Costa Vida).  He also got to meet our huge extended family at a barbecue and he thought that was pretty cool!  One night we all went swimming and had so much fun together.  Oh my gosh, you should have seen Ayla splashing around, she LOVES being in the water!



Maybe you noticed this in my post about the debate, but guess who came down to Utah to visit us?!  Spencer and Rachel!  Oh my gosh I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was to see them, I have missed them so much!  We picked Spencer up from work and we all ate some five cheese macaroni and cheese that I made.  Then we went to the debate and Rachel met us there!  The evening ended with ice cream.  Even though we only saw them for one evening, I feel so happy that we were able to spend some time together!


Yesterday was a fun day!  Bailey was busy handing out fliers and putting up signs, so us ladies (Kylie, Chanel, Amy, and I) headed down to Spanish Fork for a used book sale!  The books were only $1 each!  It was a super overwhelming place, a somewhat dark warehouse completely full of books.  We could have spent hours there!  It took a while to find books that we wanted, considering that the sorting was not very thorough, but that made it extra fun.  We each left with several books and plans to come again next year!


Last night we went swimming in Kylie's family's community pool.  We had Jen come along because her kids are so fun to play with in the water!  The water was pretty cold, though, so Ayla didn't spend much time swimming.  All Kylie and I wanted to do was get in the hot tub, but we were on Liam and Desmond duty and they didn't love the idea of soaking their feet in the hot tub!  Eventually we convinced Des to give it a thorough try, and he ended up LOVING the hot tub (don't worry, it was only like bath temperature!) Liam preferred the normal pool, though, so Kylie and switched off having to swim with him, haha.


July was an awesome month!  I'm kind of sad that it is over because August means school.  At the same time, though, I am kind of excited for school.  I don't know, I just feel weird about how quickly time is passing!

No comments:

Post a Comment