Friday, July 14, 2017

The First 15 Days of July

I can't believe the month is already halfway over!  It has been busy but at the same time it hasn't.  It is stressful to think of our life before China, when we both had full time work and school.  I never even saw Bailey until maybe 9 at night!  This summer is a lot easier, mostly because school hasn't started.  Bailey gets off at 4:30 which is really nice, and I only work maybe 13 hours a week.  The rest of my time is filled with cooking, cleaning (both of which I enjoy), crafting, and playing.  I LOVE that Jen and my mom are both off of work for the summer.  The three of us just hang out together most days, not doing much in particular but loving our time together.

As I've already blogged about, the Obon Festival was last week.  Leading up to Obon are always fun Obon practices where we meet up with Christie and her girls!  The dancing is fun, the gift shop is extra fun, and the food there is delicious (we like the sukiyaki and somen).  Too bad practices are 50 minutes away, or we'd probably go every night!


One of my father in law's goats had a baby and I can't get enough of that thing!  He's friendly but his mom is super protective.  So he will approach us, but once his mom makes a noise he will jump back!


Wace picked him up so I could hold him and it was awesome!  But he was screeching and his mom was crying, so I didn't keep him long.


I also found THE FLUFFIEST kitten ever in their yard.  Like, this thing is 98% fluff.  He walked right up to me and was so happy to be held!  Oh my gosh it was adorable.  I love kittens.


I miss my Bailey all day long while he's at work, so I'm always so excited when he comes home!  I try to have dinner ready for him, and am always excited when he chooses me over putting up yard signs for the evening.  We don't do much other than hang around and sometimes take Chinese selfies.



Speaking of China, one of my fellow first grade teachers shared this picture with me and it just makes me want to cry!  Look at my cute babies!!


Just some other things that happened... Chanel had her 20th birthday and I gave her a map just like mine!  Early this morning Bailey and I cleaned the church, then Kylie and I headed to her stake's clothing drive and got a few good shirts.  I then made an appearance at a family reunion before heading off to my Saturday shift.  Oh, and tonight we saw Seussical at the Scera Shell!  It was super weird, I don't think I'll ever go see it again.  But they did a GREAT job and it certainly was entertaining.  And I loved the time I had to catch up with my cousin Alli!

That's about it.  "Holding Cute Animals" basically sums up the first 15 days of this month, but no complaints about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment