Monday, July 31, 2017

The Shakespeare Festival

We have spent the last two days enjoying Cedar City's Shakespeare Festival!


My grandma has always wanted to go to the Shakespeare Festival, and this year her dream came true as we turned it into our annual Ladies Trip.  I wasn't so sure about the idea at first, because tickets are freaking $50 each... but it turned out to be a lot of fun, and I would go again!

Before last night's show we watched the "Green Show" on the grass.  It was surely entertaining!  Quite theatrical and musical... a great way to pass the time before entering the theater for the main act!



Last night we saw Shakespeare in Love.  It was so cute!  I'd never heard of the show before, so it was kind of fun to see something new.  And it was pretty easy to understand because it is more of a modern piece.  The acting was awesome, and it was fun to be in the partially outdoor theater!  We all enjoyed the show and were excited to go back to the theater for tonight's show.

Tonight we saw Romeo and Juliet.  Wow, they did amazing!  I LOVE Romeo and Juliet (especially the version with Leonardo DiCaprio, haha) and it was nice that I was so familiar with the story, because I always knew what was going on.  My younger cousins didn't like it quite as much, and I really think it was because they hadn't read it in school yet.  Anyway, again the acting was great, and one interesting thing they did was portray Romeo and Juliet as the young teenagers they were.  Seriously, that actress looked like the was 14!  (She wasn't though, as she was also the lead in last night's play and looked a little bit older than me)

I was kind of bummed that tonight was our last show, as I wanted to see A Midsummer Night's dream.  This year they decided to do it based in the 20's, wouldn't that be cool to see?!

Anyway, we all had fun watching the shows we saw.  A good Ladies Trip indeed!  Now enjoy some pictures from our performance, when we found an empty, open theater today...





No comments:

Post a Comment