Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve 2017

My mom has claimed Christmas Eve as her night to host the Christmas festivities.  No complaints here!  Delicious dinner + free pajamas.  We are in!

The night started with the most fantastic ribeye dinner.  My mom makes some KILLER ribeye, let me tell you.


After dinner we were ready to get cozy, so we opened up our annual pajamas.  It is tradition!  This year I helped my mom pick out the pants, hence the hedgehogs.



Present time!  We were given some thoughtful presents this year, and we had fun giving gifts as well.  We love these cool postcards that Seiji and Kylie got us!  Mine are vintage Disney themed, and Bailey's are of each of the National Parks.



My parents gave us a Disneyland trip for early Christmas this year, which we loved so much!  They also filled stockings for us to open tonight.  I freaking love opening stockings - I love treats!  And my mom is the best at putting fun little things in there as well, like these little hedgehog greeting cards!



We haven't made cookies for Christmas Eve in years!  We decided that it was about time to start that up again, so a few days ago I whipped up some sugar cookie dough.  Tonight we rolled it and cut it out.  Seiji got really creative, check out his fish made out of a squirrel cookie cutter!





Frosting is definitely the best time when it comes to making cookies.  I probably eat more frosting than I use to frost!  Mmm buttercream.





We made some delightful cookies this year, if I do say so myself.  These are the ones Bailey and I personally made (and didn't eat right away)


We all had a blast but we are also all old people now, so at that point it was about time to call it a night.  Happy Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment