Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve always gives me a little bit of anxiety, and I'm not sure why!  It wasn't as bad this year though, because I think I'm ready for the new year!

2017 was overall AMAZING.  All because of our semester in China of course.  I can't believe how many adventures we were able to go on, how much delicious food we got to try, and how many lifelong friends we made!  It was seriously the greatest time of our life.

Since then it has just been normal life, but that is good too.  We've been progressing in school which is good, and working hard and putting money away for more travels (and eventually a house!)  Nothing too exciting, but we have to get done with school.  It is better now that the end is in sight!

Anyway, not once have I ever been invited to one of those exciting New Year's Eve parties you always hear about.  Do they even exist?  Either way, even if I was invited to one, I don't think there's any better way to spend New Year's Eve than eating crab with my family!  I love this tradition!


This year the crab was accompanied with spinach artichoke dip with bread, and a chocolate fountain with anything you would want to dip in it.  It was definitely a delicious time.



We always watch home videos, which probably isn't that interesting to the inlaws.  But it's tradition!  I love that my parents filmed so much of our childhood.


And what New Year's Eve party is complete without a Tetris tournament?  It was a very close call, but my mom proved to be the Tetris Champion of 2017.  I got second place but have big plans to move up to first by next year!


So that's really it!  The end of 2017!  Honestly, I'm surprised we were all able to stay up late enough to look at the clock at 12:11 and be like "oh hey it's 2018 now".

I foresee 2018 to be a bit of a long year as we work on school and making money.  We do have a couple of adventures planned though, which makes me happy!

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!  Now on to the worst month!

No comments:

Post a Comment