Tuesday, October 16, 2018

We (Finally) Made it to Hawaii!

We got up at 3:45 this morning to head to the airport. Luckily I’m a pro at sleeping on the airplane! After a flight, some Panda Express, and another flight, we found ourselves in Honolulu looking for our ride. And who was our driver? Dillon!!

He pulled up and took us on a drive around the island. This place is seriously breathtaking! I came here once before when I was 12, but seeing things as an adult is so different. I can’t believe how blue the water is and how gorgeous the mountains are! He also took us to get some loco moco which I definitely had never heard of. It was delicious!

We eventually ended up at their cute little apartment on the North Shore. Then came the moment I was waiting for... meeting their recently adopted puppy Manilla!




She is the cutest and sweetest thing! We are already excellent friends.

Then it was beach time. Just a quick walk away is the most gorgeous beach. Manilla came along with us and we had so much fun swimming in the water.



And then a jellyfish came along! It wrapped itself around Bailey’s side and was stinging him, so of course Bailey used his hand to get Mr. Jelly off... then he flicked the stinging fish towards me and he zapped all across my wrist. Freaky!! I got a look at him and I think he’s a little blue bottle jellyfish but I’m no jellyfish expert. We were kind of freaking out because it felt like a million bee stings, but Dillon said it’s normal and to not worry about it. 10 minutes later we couldn’t feel the sting anymore, and by the time we got back to the apartment all of the red marks were gone! I feel lucky to have caught a glimpse of the guy... and though he was scary I must say he was beautiful. Here is a picture I found online which looks like the one I saw!


*Note: Later I told Shey about the jellyfish experience and she was shocked. She told me that neither she nor Dillon have ever seen or been stung by a jellyfish at the beach. She told me that Dillon probably just told us that so we wouldn't freak out! What the heck!

Anyway, we really did enjoy the beach. In true Bailey fashion, he played in the sand and dug a big hole which he eventually buried me in.


Upon getting back to the apartment, we showered and changed. Then finally Shey was done with work for the day! I was so excited to see her!

We ended the night with tasty food from Seven Brothers and then some shaved ice from another place. It was fun catching up with our friends, and we are so excited that we are spending the next week with them! Since being in China with these BFFs of ours, we always talked about the day that Bailey and I would visit them on their beautiful home island. We are all so happy that it is finally happening!


No comments:

Post a Comment