Sunday, July 31, 2016

Fish Lake

We used to go to Fish Lake lots when I was a kid, but I haven't been since Chanel and I went back in 2012!  This year I decided it was time to go back, so I talked Chanel and my family into going.  And I'm glad that I did, it was beautiful!


Most of us drove in Friday, early enough to set up our tents before dinnertime.  We got all set up and ate some delicious salad before Bailey and I decided to go out fishing!


We brought our friends with us though we only had two poles, and we took turns catching lots of little fish!  Nothing really worth keeping, but it was fun to keep catching so many.  We ended up bringing two back to camp just to cook up for fun.


Chanel isn't really into that fishing life - she studied some Russian!

After dark we went back to camp to cook some treats over the fire, and soon enough grandma and grandpa were able to show up with their new trailer!  We all stayed up looking at the amazing stars for a while, and snuggling with cute baby Ayla, but were then off to bed.

The next morning started off with some fishing in a boat that Uncle Rob rented!  I seriously love boats!  It was the perfect temperature outside for some fishing, so we puttered around the lake looking for some fish to catch.  Seiji caught the only fish of the day, but it was sure fun to be out trying!





It got a little warm after a while, so we headed back to camp for lunch.  We sat around and enjoyed nature for a while, and my grandpa tried to teach Bailey how to carve a chain.  But then it started to rain!


It pretty much rained the rest of the day!  So we napped a little, watched a movie, and took a drive to the lodge to eat some pie.  You can't go to Fish Lake without stopping for some pie!  The rain eventually let up a bit, and we all braved the wind to build a campfire and cook some fish, hot dogs, and treats.  Luckily that night our tent held up very well, and we slept cozy in our dry tent.

This morning we woke up to rain on the outside of our tent, but the sky was so blue!  We knew it would be a sunny day so we ate breakfast, packed up, and headed over to Johnson's Reservoir to play for a while.

 
We did some fishing but didn't catch anything worth keeping.  Mostly what was fun was riding in the kayaks!




The water was super cold!  Not as cold as Fish Lake, but still pretty chilly.  Nonetheless, I couldn't miss this opportunity to swim in a lake (one of my favorite activities) so I jumped in!


We hung around the reservoir for a while, then headed back to camp where we finished packing up before we left.  It was just a little weekend trip, but it was lots of fun!  I do love camping!

1 comment:

  1. Madi! I love Fishlake. And I can't believe you went to Johnson's. My dad used to take me there all the time.

    ReplyDelete