Thursday, May 3, 2018

Onto Year Three!

Can you believe it?!  I hardly can!  Today my sweet Bailey and I have been married for two years.  It seems like just yesterday we were eating delicious fried dumplings and creepy Chinese cake, celebrating our first anniversary.  However, our actual wedding day seems like forever ago!

I love to look back on old blog posts.  I feel grateful that I documented each stage of my life with Bailey.  From meeting him, becoming his friend, girlfriend, fiance, and then wife, every step of the way has been so special!  My life has been absolutely wonderful ever since Bailey came into it.  I can't imagine life without him!

It is funny how used to marriage one gets.  When we were engaged I could not wait to be Bailey's wife, wake up with him every day, and just to always be together.  I now find myself taking these blessings for granted, because I guess I just have gotten used to the married life.  But when I stop to think about it, it is pretty darn cool that Bailey and I get to be together all the time, and will be forever and ever!  Marriage is so cool!

Bailey and I have grown and learned a lot since we've been married.  We've really had to learn how to be adults, which isn't always fun!  Budgeting and paying bills is depressing, and the dishes NEVER END.  I'm so grateful for Bailey, though, because he is always willing to do his fair share of chores.  I can still say that, since we've been married, I have not had to clean a single toilet.  If that isn't the dream, I don't know what is!

Bailey and I have had a lot of cool adventures in our two years of marriage.  We've hit 5 countries (other than our own) so far!  Every day life with Bailey is an adventure too, though.  We have no idea where life is going to take us, but we are happy that we are in this journey together.  Already things are different than the way we had originally planned.  Our original plan involved a 24 month mission for Bailey, and an 18 month mission for me.  We planned to be married this year, 2018!  Obviously things went different than planned, which was kind of stressful in the beginning.  Looking back now, though, I can see that everything went according to Heavenly Father's plan, and that Bailey and I were indeed married at the right time!  And in the right place, let me add.  Bailey and I are so grateful to be promised an eternity together because we were sealed in the temple.  I'll end this post with a picture from that happy day!


Year three, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment