Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Cancelled Classes

Not much to do this week!  Our school pulled its typical stunt and surprised us with cancelled classes.  Fine with me!  Instead of classes this week, we've just been watching our kids prepare for their English plays and sometimes help them with lines.

How cute is little Diego?!  She is the star in her grade's play, "The Ugly Duckling".  She even has a singing solo!  It does make my heart sad, though, when the kids on stage are yelling at her, "you are SO ugly!" and "you can't play with us!"  It doesn't help that Diego is great at fake crying!


Their plays are so random and weird.  They're filled with really random scenes and songs!  The purpose of them is to show how much English they've learned this year, but I feel like dancing to a song in Spanish is a little counterproductive!


You can only watch the same play over and over so many times, and the Chinese teachers decided our students knew their lines well enough after the first time we helped them (I agree) so it's just been a hanging around kind of week!  A good week to get chicken hot pot and ice cream with our friends, that's for sure!


 The owner of the shop gave Monica and I free ice cream because it was "Lover's Day" in China!  It was gross though.  We thought it was strawberry because it had a picture of a strawberry on it.  Only makes sense, right?  No, it was durian flavored.

I do love hanging around Changzhou!  But, we've had a long enough break I think, and I'm excited to head out on a long adventure starting in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment