Friday, May 5, 2017

Lately

The other day I went to pick up some students for rotations, and the teacher who had them said that the kids had been really bad for her.  So as punishment (and because the classroom was messy!)  I told the kids that they would spend my period cleaning up!  Oh my gosh, they couldn't have been more excited!  We only had one broom, but little Shu Shu had the genius idea of using paintbrushes to help.  Leo found a little towel to clean off the tables, and everyone else busied themselves with picking up little scraps and finding paintbrushes of their own.  They were doing such a good job I said "okay, finish up!  You guys have done so well that we can play a game!" and they said, "teacha no!  We want to clean!"  And so they did.  The whole class period.


Bailey and I still have Disney fever.  I wear my ears in our room, just for fun, and Bailey carries around his lightsaber.  It is especially important for him to hold it while watching his Star Wars movies!  And of course, on "May the fourth" he had to wear the closest thing he has to a Star Wars shirt, and take his cool light saber to the movie watching party!


This is my student of the week Esmee!  She is the light in my second grade class.  I really have a hard time liking a lot of my second graders, but Esmee is always good!


The other day Bailey and I were in the supply room and Bailey pulled out a whole bunch of paper, telling me that he was going to do make a surprise craft for me.  I wasn't supposed to look but I did.


I'd say his craft turned out really good!


Last night we went with Monica, Andrew, Shey, Rachel, and Spencer to a hot pot/barbecue place.  It was a buffet, so we just went and got all of the vegetables and meats that we wanted, then we got to either barbecue them or hot pot them!  It was a really cool restaurant and we had tons of fun!
Bailey was impressive, he just kept cooking and eating long after the rest of us were done.  His favorite were the goose hearts!  He also tried frog legs, squid tentacle, cow tongue, and some mystery meats.



Tonight we went with Monica and Andrew to the night market.  I'll never get sick of the night market!  It was a little bit crowded though.  I've never been on a Saturday night!


We are having fun but seriously missing home at this point!  What we miss most is being around family.  We have family members getting pregnant, cousins and nieces starting to walk for the first time, and siblings buying houses!  That's right, Seiji and Kylie totally just bought a new house.  Not only that, but Seiji graduated college yesterday!  It's been a shame that we've been missing all of this, but thank goodness for modern technology which we can use to call home all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment