Sunday, May 28, 2017

Picking Up Mom!

We didn't do much today. The sleeper train was quite comfortable, especially with a few English speaking girls in our cart. Also, we had one bottom bunk and one top bunk, and on the bottom bunk you can actually sit up! So that was nice. I slept pretty decently, except for the dragon in our cart. For real, the guy on the bunk across from Bailey sounded like a dragon.  He was like, wheezing all night long, and his "snoring" was unlike anything I've ever heard. I feel like that's not healthy!

Anyway, Bailey didn't get great sleep so we took it pretty easy today. We got lunch at KFC (not my favorite, but I appreciate how consistent it is), checked in and showered at our Airbnb, went out to buy some drinks and fruit, ate at a noodle house, then took a nap. Mostly we were just trying to kill time before our highlight of the day. Which was... picking mom up from the airport!!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I've been for mom to join our adventures, and how happy I am to have her with us now! I've missed her so much, and now she's here with us for two whole weeks!


We are back at our Airbnb now, eating American snacks that mom so thoughtfully brought. I'm excited to hit the Beijing sights, starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment