Monday, May 1, 2017

Taiyuan

This morning we made it to the train just fine.  Thank goodness!  We had left Pingyao nice and early in the morning, and it was a beautiful walk through the historic streets.  It was so nice to see it less crowded!


Killing time in Taiyuan was another frustrating experience because we couldn't find ANY food to eat in the area we were in.  Oh and there was nothing to do and we had 6 hours to kill before we needed to be at the airport!  We sat in a courtyard and I was sad because we were wasting time, but we really couldn't find anything to do in Taiyuan that wouldn't take us far away from the airport.  So we just sat and watched some kids ride their bikes and play with their friends.  I'm still kind of bitter about the wasted time, but I'm going to put a pin in Taiyuan on my wall map at home anyway, and I think that will make myself feel better.


Eventually we decided to just head to the airport because we knew there would be food there.  We ate food, and went to the check in counter, and the angel ladies said, "your flight isn't until much later... would you like to switch it to 14:10?"  Heck yes we would!

So, instead of being at the airport for 5 hours, we found ourselves on a plane just a half hour after we checked in.  A blessing indeed!  Soon enough we were in Shanghai, and were greeted by a MASSIVE amount of people at the Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station.  Oh my gosh.  No tickets were available for hours!  We had to wait though, so good thing there were a variety of shops and restaurants for us to kill time with.  Even though we just wanted to be home!


After a long day of travel we made it to our beloved Changzhou apartment!  What a fun vacation we had!  You know, overall.  It was really a great anniversary trip, and I feel like it was just the bonding time Bailey and I needed!  I sure am lucky to have him as my eternal adventuring partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment