Sunday, May 21, 2017

PUPPIES!

I am OBSESSED with these puppies!


Why are there two adorable little puppies hanging out on me?  Well let me tell you.

Last night, Monica and Andrew were walking home from a bus stop when they heard a noise from a nearby dumpster.  It was dark outside, but they shone their phones and found two tiny puppies by the dumpster!  Just left there with a bowl of milk!  Puppies that small can't even drink from bowls!

Of course Andrew and Monica couldn't leave them, so they brought the puppies home to nurse them back to health!  Today they brought them to our church meeting at our school so that we could meet them and babysit them while they went to a family reunion.


The poor little guys are so hungry!  Andrew had tried to buy a syringe to feed them with, but the pharmacy was skeptical and refused to sell him one.  And for some reason they couldn't find a bottle anywhere!  Hollywood tried to fashion one out of a water bottle filled with cow milk and a balloon while the puppies tried to eat our fingers.  It actually worked pretty well and the puppies were able to get some milk!


They were also covered with dry milk from the bowl they were abandoned with, but are too small for baths.  So Rachel and I wet our fingers and were able to get most of the milk out.  They got quite a bit wet, though, so we had to wrap them up and keep them warm!

This is how they sleep!  All snuggled up!

I got the puppies all to myself while Rachel and Spencer went out to try and find puppy formula.  I let them just hang out with me as I read my book.  They mostly slept, but when they would wake up they would crawl right to my hair and get stuck in it!  I would move them (sometimes Bailey would have to help untangle them) but they would just want to go right back.  It was the funniest thing!  I suppose my hair is the closest feeling thing they had to a fuzzy mom.



Unfortunately Monica and Andrew can't keep the puppies as they already have 2 dogs at their house.  Once the puppies get a little bit stronger, they will have to find new homes for them.  Yes, I already looked at how I could bring one home and sadly it is not possible because they are too young!  Sad!  But, I'm happy I was able to meet the puppies.  They are just too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment