Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Onto Year Two!

I can hardly believe it, but today was our first anniversary!

I can't believe it has already been a year since our wedding.  Oh our wedding... I love to think about it!  It was so perfect!  From what we could see at least, from where we stood in line.  I wish I could go back in time and experience our wedding as a guest, but I guess going through the pictures will have to do!

It is crazy that that was one year ago, and crazy to think about the things that have changed this past year.  Bailey changed his major (to political science), we've gotten further ahead in school, we've moved around, lived in three cities, and somehow ended up in China!

We've done so many fun things this past year and seen lots of new places.  We loved exploring Portland on our honeymoon, and our spontaneous fall break trip to San Francisco is one we'll never forget.  And we've been all over the place here in China, I won't even list all the places we've been so blessed to visit!

In this past year, Bailey and I have learned and grown a lot.  Marriage is not the easiest thing - it takes continual effort to put the other person's needs ahead of yours.  We can drive each other CRAZY, and we argue about really ridiculous things.  And I still don't quite understand how Bailey can't read my very obvious hints.  I'm still working on telling things to him because apparently I'm not as obvious as I think I am.  Marriage can be really hard sometimes, but our marriage has grown so strong that all of the effort has been worth it!  We are starting to figure each other out, I think.

I think it is pretty cool that we were able to spend our first anniversary here in China!  Even though we had to teach classes today.  We celebrated tonight at our favorite restaurant.  You'd think we'd know the name of it by now!  We just call it the fried dumpling place.


After fried dumplings, we stopped by a nearby bakery for a treat.  We bought two pieces of cake but only ended up eating one because the brown one was coffee flavored, haha.  The vanilla one was good even though it was weird Chinese cake (ice cream, gelatin, and cake all in one slice).  We sat on a ledge under a tree together and enjoyed our treat, reminiscing on how good of a first year we have had!


No comments:

Post a Comment