Thursday, April 20, 2017

A Happy Birthday to Bailey!

Today is the happiest of days, for it is my love's 20th birthday!  I'm no longer married to a teenager!

I tried to make the day special for him by bringing treats to his classes, and buying him some Coke.  Coke is the way to Bailey's heart.  Actually, Dr. Pepper would have been better, but you can't really buy that stuff here.

This afternoon we had a birthday lunch of quesadillas!  Bailey had bought tortillas from Metro and cheese from TaoBao so we were set.  They were so delicious!  Especially dipped in Siracha sauce mixed with mayo!  Definitely better that cafeteria lunch.


The most special part of the day was after classes, when we left campus to meet up with Monica and Andrew for dinner!  Bailey wanted fried dumplings for dinner, which are actually my favorite so I was happy.  They were so good and we ate so much!

We were still hanging around the restaurant with all our friends when Monica and Andrew walked in with a BIRTHDAY CAKE!  It was such a sweet surprise!  We all sang happy birthday and split the cake.  It was the best Chinese cake I've ever had.  It was layered with ice cream that must have been lemon flavored!  I felt like I was going to explode, I ate so much.


We have been blessed with such amazing friends and are so grateful for all of the people who made this day special for Bailey!  Including those who send their love from the States!


The night ended with a Star Wars marathon put on by Mitch after he learned that Bailey has never seen the series.  I wasn't interested enough to go, but Bailey said it was fun!  After he got back at 3am, not having made it through all the movies, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment