Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter!

How lucky we are to be halfway around the world from home and still be able to attend our church!  Spending the night in Suzhou last night was perfect, because traveling to church this morning was so easy!


We left a little bit early so that we could walk around the lake by our meetinghouse.  It was so beautiful!


There wasn't much to do but we enjoyed just sitting and enjoying the peace.  Us girls were sure to get a picture inspired by the old ladies we always see posing!



Church was really amazing.  I haven't been to a full 3 hour block for a few weeks, so I especially appreciated being at church for Easter Sunday.  There were some really amazing lessons, and some really cute babies that I got to hold!

After church we had a potluck.  Believe it or not, the potluck was just like Mormon potlucks at home!  We went CRAZY with the American food, and we couldn't even finish all of it!  Oh my gosh, salad, funeral potatoes, crock pot chicken - we were happy.  And cookies and lemon cheesecake at the end!?  It was all too good.

It was a really wonderful day spent with an amazing branch.  It was a great opportunity to sit and remember what Christ did for us so long ago.  How he suffered in Gethsemane is what amazes me the most.  Life is hard enough sometimes for just me, and I'm a pretty happy person.  To think of him taking all of my struggles along with everybody else's is just more than I can even imagine!  How grateful I am for a loving Savior who was willing to do so much for me.  How grateful I am for his church, which has brought me so much happiness!  I feel so blessed to be a part of his church, and today was a great day to celebrate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment