Monday, April 10, 2017

Some Little Things

Here's just a little update on some of the random things that have gone on.

Like teaching a new subject.  I taught kitchen for two weeks in second grade and wow!  Kids really know how to behave well when there's a snack at stake.



Speaking of snacks... I eat a whole lot of them because our cafeteria still feeds us meals like these.


I much prefer eating at the night market, as you know!  There is tons of delicious food everywhere!  A typical meal at the night market for me is a bunch of super garlicy fried dumplings, room temperature coconut juice, a banana and chocolate crepe, and rolled ice cream.  Crawdads are in season and of course delicious!  I just don't like getting my hands so saucy.


At the night market the other night, Bailey got a 20 kuai tattoo of a little bomb.  It was gone in two days.


Bailey was brave and got his first Chinese haircut!  Andrew took us to his barber which definitely made us feel better.  I'd say Bailey got a really nice haircut!  I mean, I was hoping he'd end up with a ponytail like the barber, but maybe next time.  Look at this team effort!


Dumplings are probably my favorite of all foods in China.  Shey, Bailey, and I went on a quest the other day to find the best dumplings near us.  We didn't find anything that we seriously loved, but it was still fun.  While we sat and waited for some to cook, a little girl came and just sat down right next to me, eating her lollipop and staring at me!  I tried my Chinese on her but she wouldn't respond.  I was about to put my arm around her for a picture, and she booked it!  Funny kid.


We finally were able to watch some General Conference!  They don't show it in China (and I think most countries actually) until the week after.  We watched the Sunday morning session on Sunday morning, then met in the evening to split up for Women's and Priesthood Conference.  After Women's, Shey, Rachel, and I went to see if our husbands were done, and found it was just the three of them in that giant room, watching conference on a little laptop!  We were proud of our righteous husbands!


After the morning session, Monica got this picture of Bailey.  She has a super cool calling of taking pictures for the Mormon Channel, so watch out for Bailey for the next couple of years!


Yesterday was Katey's birthday!  Us married couples celebrated by going to Grandma's Home (the best Chinese food around!  It tastes American!) then eating the cake that the school bought for Katey.  It was beautiful and delicious except for one thing.  The things we thought were giant cherries... were actually tomatoes!(??)


Life is good here in China and our stay is almost halfway over.  I can hardly believe how the time has flown!

No comments:

Post a Comment