Friday, April 21, 2017

The Past Week or So

My favorite snack here is probably pineapple!  Which is funny, considering that I didn't like pineapple at home.  The other day Shey and I were walking to the grocery store with our husbands, and were really craving some pineapple.  There were no pineapple on sticks to be found... So we just bought whole pineapples!  It worked out pretty good because of the way stores cut them.  But on the way home we saw the same store washing a cut pineapple in dirty brown water coming out of a wall outside, so that's super sketchy.


This is Shu Shu.  I've posted about him before, but here I am posting about him again because he just makes my heart melt!  The other day I was leading a spider-making craft and Shu Shu was not about to have it.  He said, "no teacha!  I don't like spiders - spider scary.  I make a ant."  I wasn't about to argue with that, so I gave him the scissors and let him do his own thing.  I think his ant turned out pretty good!


Felix is another favorite of mine.  One of the few second graders that I adore!  He is so sweet and cute, and always is sure to give me a hug!  Check out his cool paper bag puppet.


One of the best things about our experience here in China is the amount of time Bailey and I get to spend together!  I do not miss the busy days of not seeing each other from 7am to 9pm (and I do not look forward to those days).  The other night he and I spent some of our evening just walking around campus, including the beautiful garden.  They grow all sorts of food there, which we are allowed to eat.  I don't know if I suggest it though - I at a pea and it was really bitter.  Bailey had fun testing out all of the traditional gardening equipment the gardener left out.



We also spend lots of time with friends which could be good and could be bad!  Bailey and Mitch get pretty crazy together!


The other day us ILP teachers put together a "Kimi Appreciation Day" because Kimi really does do so much for us.  It was fun to surprise him as he walked into the door.  I think we really embarrassed him, but I think he appreciated it!


I finally tried gel nails.  Why wouldn't I at $8 per manicure!  We had a ladies night and all got our nails done.  Shey and Rachel got themed nails for our upcoming Disney adventure, and Katey and I opted for a more neutral pallet.  So far I'm really digging these nails!  I'm really hard on my nails so normal nail polish doesn't last very long.  Gel is really working out for me!


Today, to finish up Bailey's birthday festivities, we stopped by the big shopping market in Shanghai to buy him some golf club heads!  They all look the same to me, but Bailey is super excited and that is what matters!


Those are just a few things that we've been up to the past week or so.  All is well over here in the Jiangsu Province!

No comments:

Post a Comment