Friday, April 14, 2017

Humble Administrator's Garden

This morning we set off early for Suzhou, the Venice of the East!  We really are in the best location when it comes to China travel.  Suzhou is only a half hour away by bullet train!

We got there, checked into our hostel, and walked down the street to the beautiful Humble Administrator's Garden.  It is the number one thing to do in Suzhou, according to TripAdvisor, and I can see why.  It was gorgeous!


It was really crowded though!  We took a lot of breaks and just sat and watched people, because it got a little bit exhausting walking around them.  Also, spring has sprung and it is HOT around here these days!


We really enjoyed seeing all the different sections of the garden!  I loved this flowery spot.  And the old ladies in these pictures that come up with the best poses.



But the bonsai section was really cool too!


We were walking along, and all of a sudden I smelled a certain smell and was instantly transported to my sweet grandmother's garden.  We turned the corner and there was a nice bunch of wisteria!  It was so beautiful and reminded me of my childhood days pretending to be a fairy under my grandma's wisteria covered patio.


The beautiful thing about Suzhou is its waterways.  There are little rivers and canals all over the place!  Even going all around and through Humble Administrator's Garden!


We spent quite a bit of time enjoying the garden today.  I'm so grateful that spring is finally here!


1 comment:

  1. We all know that when the wisteria pedals cover the patio floor with their delightful color and fragrance it is magical. It's when fairies dance and sing, it's when they get their wings. It looks as if my beautiful Madi Fairy has her wings...

    ReplyDelete