Saturday, April 22, 2017

Shanghai Disney Resort: Day 2

We slept so good last night!  A little too good.  I wish I had more time to enjoy the nice hotel and the free Disney movies we could watch there, but the moment my head hit the pillow I was out!  As was Bailey, he sat on the bed the moment we got in the room and didn't get up until the morning.  He slept in his street clothes!

Getting into the park this morning was a breeze, there were hardly any lines at all.  We took our time near the entrance of the park.  There's not a main street quite like the one in the States, but they still have cute and fun buildings to look at!




Isn't Bailey's shirt cute?  I have the same one!  We bought them last night and I'm so excited about them.  I love the cute little Asian style Mickey!  I don't know if it is Shanghai exclusive merchandise or not, but I'm guessing it is.  This park is full of classic characters in this style and I think they're so adorable!



After a few pictures, we decided that our first stop would be Adventure Isle.  Soaring Over the Horizon, to be specific!  We waited in line for a very long time but it was worth it.  The ride was so good!  Apparently it is the same as in California, as Soaring Over California is no longer a thing.  I loved seeing things that I recognized, like the Taj Mahal and the pyramids.  It really made me want to travel!  Bailey and I had a moment of pride when it showed one spot in the USA... because it was Utah's red rocks!


Yesterday Bailey was saying that he wanted to go on the canoes, but we kind of put it off because we wanted to make sure we hit all of the rides first.  Well, we'd pretty much hit everything by that point, so why not go on a leisurely canoe ride?  Except that it wasn't that leisurely - the boys wanted to find out whether or not we could actually control the speed of the canoe (or if it was just on a track).  Well, I think we got our answer when Dillon's crazy fast rowing caught us up with the boat that left way before us!




After getting in the boating mood we decided it was again time for the Pirates of the Carribean ride.  We still can't get over how good it is!


Not only is the ride good, but the "town" surrounding it is amazing!  It looks just like the sets in the movies!


There was even a pirate ship that we could explore.




Right next door in Adventure Isle, we hit Roaring Rapids which was your typical rapids ride.  But actually kind of bumpier than normal!  If it was much longer I may have gotten sick.  Nevertheless, it was so fun and had some good drops!  The little family that rode with us had the cutest little boy who in the beginning was so excited, but got nervous throughout.  He acted very brave though!

One tip about Shanghai Disneyland: though tickets are much cheaper than America's, and souvenirs are about half the price, food is just as expensive as home.  And, from at least what we experienced, not quite as good.  A $10 pretzel you say?  Basically all we ate that day.  Oh, and the chocolate chip cookies from the bakery because those are actually delicious!


Over to Fantasyland we went, to explore the Alice in Wonderland maze!  It was so cute!


I'm a little confused by the maze though, because it started us in the Queen of Hearts section.  That's a little backwards, right?


The maze was super easy but really cute!  Though I feel like it could have had more sections.  Other than the Queen of Hearts section, there was only the Mad Hatter's tea party.  But that was so fun!





The shopping here is too fun.  Like I mentioned, everything is decently cheap!  And there's tons of Shanghai exclusive merchandise.  Like this line "Vintage Shanghai" which is based off of Shanghai in 1928.  I think it is all so beautiful!


After telling Bailey that we really should buy something excluseively Shanghai, he went ahead and bought me these ears!  I've never had ears before - I wouldn't say I'm necessarily a Disneyland ears kind of gal, but now that these babies are in my life I certainly am!





After that the boys and girls split off - the boys to go back to the Star Wars section and the girls to go back to the bakery.  By the time we went to the bakery and back to where the boys were, the boys still weren't done with what they went there for.  Which was making their lightsabers!  We sat and relaxed for a little bit, because we knew that building lightsabers could be quite the endeavor.  They turned out pretty cool though!




By then it was getting dark and we sadly realized that our time in Disneyland was coming to an end.  Luckily, at the same time, the crowds were really getting thin, and we were able to practically walk on some last few rides!  We hit Tron, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates of the Carribean (yes, our third time!), and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (which we actually hadn't yet hit.  It was much like California's but actually better!  We "hopped" with Tigger and "floated" through the flood under virtual rain)


I was actually quite meloncholy walking toward the entrance tonight.  Leaving Disneyland is depressing!  To think that tomorrow we will going back to our normal life with no magic is really kind of sad.  We had too much fun this weekend!

Conclusion: I can't say that Shanghai Disneyland is better than Disneyland in California.  Both parks are so good!  But some of the rides in Shanghai are definitely better, that's for sure!  But it doesn't have the history that California's has.  And California just has a lot more rides which is nice (and I think they're longer).  But overall, Shanghai Disneyland really impressed me!  We had a seriously magical time!

No comments:

Post a Comment